Wednesday, July 11, 2012

JBN Criterium 2012

After the storm last night, I was hoping that the 90-100 degree heat wave would subside.  No such luck, another day of racing in the high 90s.  At least our power had been restored, and our water remained on.  We had set out all my bottles full of water, because the last time we lost power, the water soon followed.

The 2/3 race was hot, fast, and hard.  Many attacks, I got away with two other guys for a few laps, but we didn't go far, and it didn't last.  I sat in for a bit, while Jeff went off in a small group.  Riders kept continually bridging up, until the "break" was as big as the "field".  Soon it all merged together.

I spent the last lap just trying to stay near the front, I came around the last turn in a decent spot, and heard a nasty wreck somewhere towards the back, ouch.  I didn't have a whole lot left after attacking and sitting out in a small break, but managed to sprint somewhere into the top 10. 

After placing the U23 riders separately, I just managed to snag the last money spot, in number 7. 

1 comment:

  1. You are on fire as of late, literally and figuratively! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Followers