Thursday, July 5, 2012

Emrick Blvd Cat 2/3

I had heard that last year, a break stayed away in this race.   Plus, I was coming off two good crits where the break lapped the field, so I had expectations that a break was the way to go again.  After convincing my teammates Bernie and Jeff that a break was the way to go, it proved not to be the case.

We took turns attacking a bunch, and following moves, but everything came back.  With 10 to go, I got in a small move that grew to 6-7, but just dangled in front of the field.  We were getting hung out to dry.  Finally they closed in on the last lap, David M. made one final huge effort, but got caught on the last turn.

In hindsight, it is pretty clear that a break would have a hard time on this course, it is WIDE open, and very fast.  Anyway, it was good racing, and fun trying. 

2 comments:

Followers