Sunday, September 25, 2011

WhirlyBird 2/3/4 2011

My goal was to not have a mechanical, ride cleanly, and shoot for a top 25. With 88 pre-reg riders, and a starting number of 351, I'd be starting just in the back half of the field. Better then Charm City, this might be a shot at some MAC points.

I staged to the far left, and scooted around a few people in the start, but it was fast and I'm not a particularly fast starter. But after the first lap, the pace dropped off and I started to move up. I've been stutter stepping my remounts so I paid extra attention to them during the race. I think that the practice sessions during the week have helped a lot here, they aren't perfect, but they're definitely much better then they used to be.

With two to go, I started to get a little sloppy, and wiped out one one of the turns with roots. I let one spot go, and couldn't get it back. In the end, managed a ninth place which I was happy with. Now some MAC points, and no more staging at the back.



I liked the course, definitely wetter then last year with some more mud, but only one set of barriers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers