Thursday, January 20, 2011

Looking back on 2010

Earlier last spring, I set some specific goals for myself in 2010. They were:

1) Upgrade to Cat 3 in the road - This was my main goal, and the only goal I didn't achieve. The hilly races that I was planning on using for points (Mt. Nebo, Oxford, Fulton) all lost their USA Cycling sanctioned status, so no upgrade points for those races. I think this will wait until 2012.

2) Stage race - Millersburg 3/4, the racing was hard, and I've got a way to go before I can hang with the 3s.

3) Improve TT - 8 miles in 20 min or less - I did this at one of the Route 29 TT, it was a 10 mile TT and I held over 24 mph.

4) Not get dropped before mile 10 in Battenkill Masters - This race went well, I hung with the field until the Meetinghouse Rd climb, by then the field was mostly shredded anyway.

5) Upgrade to Cat 3 cyclocross - Done.

6) Keep running - Only real running race was the SuperBowl 10k, which I'll do again next year.

7) Multisport - Took 2nd at the Vincentown Du which was my first multisport event, and it was a lot of fun. I plan on doing more of these.

Some of the biggest highlights were getting points in the Thursday night late race. This is a fast training criterium, and I was elated to get 1 point in a sprint early in the season, and 2 points on a solo effort.

Overall I'm satisfied with the way 2010 went. Road was a bit of a dissapointment, when most of my main road races were cancelled, I lost lost much of my training motivation. I started the cyclocross season highly motivated and training hard, but tapered out by the end. Next year I'll make cyclocross a season goal, and make sure I can get through the entire season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers