Friday, January 21, 2011

Goals for 2011

My favorite part of the "off season" is getting in lots of quality training, and thinking ahead to the next season. Here is how my season will break down in 2011.

1) Collegiate Cycling in the spring

2) Trans Rockies Run - Training for this will occupy the summer months, from April to August. The main purpose will be a fund raiser which I am still putting together the details for.

3) Cyclocross in the fall - After mainly running during the summer, I hope to hit the cyclocross season fresh and motivated.

Specific goals:



1) Some top 10 finishes in the B collegiate races. I hear that the B races are roughly equivalent to cat 3/4, so this will be challenging. In order to do this, I'm going to have to work on my positioning and field sprints, as I don't think that there are going to be many very hilly races. It should be good training and good practice.

2) Top 5 finish in the Pottsville City Cycle 17. Knowing this race a little better this year should help.

3) Top 3 finish in the Tek Park Criterium. This is a super hilly race, and should suit my strengths well.

4) More points in the Thursday night late race.

5) Earn points towards a Cat 2 upgrade in cyclocross.

6) Work on my TT, and average 25+ mph for the Route 29 10 mile TT.

In 2010, my training was very sporadic. My season goals were changing, and I had a teaching and class schedule that kept changing. With 2011, I hope to keep a more consistent training schedule, I won't be taking any more classes so I can devote time in the mornings for training.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great plan! Is there a separate collegiate schedule than the normal BAR races?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the collegiate schedule also includes several TTT, which I think it would be really fun for Lamprey to do.

    http://collegiatecycling.org/eccc/wiki/index.php?n=Calendar.Current

    ReplyDelete
  3. And for 2012 You are going to upgrade to Cat. 3 early on and then upgrade to Cat. 2 by August right? K sweet.

    You should do the GR Pro national crit championships here in GR in August, and then our Crit in Gaslight village the next day. (because you are definitely a PERFECT rider for a flat crit with cobbles) ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh yeah, about that Cat 2 road, we'll just have to wait and see...

    Gaslight crit, can't wait.... (can you hear the sarcasm?)

    ReplyDelete

Followers