Friday, October 5, 2012

TownHall Cyclocross 2012 Preparation

It took us most of the day, but the course is now all marked, staked, and taped, ready to for racing.  Fortunately all the rains stopped and we had great weather today.  Even a bit warm, hopefully it helps dry out the course.  The combination of tall grass, and soggy ground made for a very slow course today, but I get it will get faster as the day goes on (and muddier).

The turnout is expected to be about double from last year, with almost 400 pre-reg!  Wow.  This makes parking a challenge, and I'm very curious to see 100 cyclists try to get up the hill on the first lap.  I'm expecting nothing short of chaos.  We widened the start section as much as we could, and moved it further down the hill, but there will still be some bottle-necking going into the switchbacks.

Ok, cross-results has me at 9th place in the 1/2/3 race, I'm expecting a good battle between Mike Yozell and Gerald Adasavage for the win.  I want to see Jack Drummond go top 10 in the Masters 35+.

The start is going to be critical, hint: take the left line all the way up to the hill.



1 comment:

Followers