Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Upgrades

I officially got my Cat 3 upgrade today, and as someone with a tendency to over-analyze, I couldn't help but prepare this excessive post.

Here is a chart of my finishing position (yellow), points available (orange), points earned (green) and field size (in grey). [Only considering 4 or 4/5 races, no Masters results.]



After coming close to the points in 2009, I figured that in 2010, I'd be able to upgrade to Cat 3. My confidence was high.

But then 2010 came, and I finished far out of the upgrade points at every race, until my last RR at Tek Park gave me a glimmer of hope, maybe it would be possible in 2011.



Collegiate season was great, managed some top 10s in the Bs, the PSU Black Mo' RR course was climb-tastic, and I carried my Battenkill motivation through into the road season. I hit the Tek Park race overconfident, but then a surprise 3rd on the flat Smoketown Crit. Next weekend was a second at Oxford, and I knew it was close.



Yes, I did say it was excessive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers