Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Battenkill Prep

So Battenkill is less then a week away.

Do I feel ready? I don't think it is ever possible to really feel ready for a race like this, but I've done what I could. I wanted to have at least 500 miles for the month of March, and I logged 510. Much of it was just good base miles, plus some great training like the Monkey Knife Fight, the Derby, some intense intervals with Dave and David, and some fast and hard group rides with the team. I even put in a solid century last Saturday with some hill riding in the morning with Jeff who is super strong.

Now the week before the race is the time to taper, I hope some pep returns to my legs, they've felt quite tired this past week. Today's ride was a relatively easy hour with Dave and David, including some moderate hill efforts to shake out the legs and make sure they don't forget what tougher efforts are like. From now on it will be resting, with a spinning ride or two to keep my legs limber.

I'm expecting the Masters 30+ race to be ridiculously fast, and I'll need to ride smartly in order to hang on as long as possible. I think it will be important to be in a good position for the climbs, and well protected for the fast sections. The descents will probably be the hardest, and I predict that when I pop, it'll be on the way down.

This should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers